Suitably qualified persons are invited to fill the following posts within the Corporate Services Division, National Land Agency.
The successful candidates will report to the Senior Building Officer.
To prepare and oversee the repairs and maintenance of residential properties owned by the Commissioner of Lands and assist with co-ordianting the maintenance, repairs and servicing of those Units and all associated furniture and equipment.
- Assists the Senior Building Officer with the preparation of the annual Budget for capital and recurrent expenditure for government houses and monitors Budget in relation to repairs/maintenance of units to avoid over-spending
- Assist with the preparation of reports on the activities of the Unit
- Arranges for Board of Survey to be convened to deal with derelict and unserviceable or obsolete items and furniture
- Examines and certifies invoices submitted and completes payment certificates
- Identifies and reports need for major repairs and maintenance work
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures and an Annual Maintenance Program for the efficient maintenance of all Commissioner of Lands owned residential properties and associated equipment
- Ensures that residential Units are put in a habitable condition prior to and after assignment to public sector employees
- Selects service providers for the repairs to buildings and equipment and monitors work done by such service providers and certifies bills for payment in accordance with established procedures
- Assists with the disaster preparedness and emergency management programme for all Government owned properties and ensures that adequate disaster supplies are in stock.
- Prepares Scope of Works and Bills of Quantities/Engineer’s Estimates for repairs/refurbishing for Government houses and the Agency’s properties in preparation for tendering
- Liaises with Contractors, Architects (whether private or from the NWA) during repair/renovation process and maintains visits to ensure compliance with Contract Drawings, Bills of Quantities and Specifications and monitoring of standard of work, target dates and expenditure in relation to work completed;
- Arranges for the procurement and distribution of furniture and equipment for the Government houses as approved by the CEO
- Maintains inventory of furniture and equipment for government houses
The post-holder should be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and, organizing skills and effective time management
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage demanding work schedules and deadlines
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Sound knowledge of building construction, plumbing and maintenance of mechanical, air conditioning and electrical equipment
- Ability to prepare Bills of Quantities using industry rates and standards
- Competence in the use of word processing and spreadsheet software
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Facility Management, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, or other construction-related discipline from an accredited institution
- Two to three years’ experience in a similar position
- Basic knowledge of Government of Jamaica Procurement procedures and guidelines particularly in the area of Works tenders
- Working knowledge of Autocad software would be an asset
- Training and experience in project management would be considered advantageous
- Training and working experience in the field of quantity surveying would be a distinct asset.
- Salary Range: $1,733,265.00 - $1,861,217.00 p.a.
- Motor Vehicle Travel Allowance: $813,564.00 p.a.
(If you own a motor vehicle)
Letter of application accompanied by a résumé should be submitted no later than
Friday, March 1, 2019 to:
The Director, Human Resource Management & Development
National Land Agency
8 Ardenne Road
We appreciate all responses but only short-listed applicants will be contacted.