Suitably qualified persons are invited to fill the following post within the Corporate Legal Services Division, National Land Agency.
LEGAL OFFICER 2 (GENERAL LEGAL SERVICES)
The successful candidates will report to the Manager, Corporate Legal Services
To provide leadership to the legal services unit through supervision, delegation of tasks and training resulting in the efficient delivery of service to all divisions of the agency thus ensuring a seamless operation and client satisfaction.
- Prepares Lease and Licence agreements, Deed of Easements, Sales agreements and Instruments of Transfers and other legal documents required for the divestment of crown lands by lease and sale.
- Prepares legal pleadings and notices such as demand letters, notices to quit, notices to remedy breach, Plaint and Claim forms etc. for the recovery of arrears and possession of crown lands.
- Reviews leases, Sales agreements, licences and other documents relating to the acquisition of lands by lease or sale.
- Prepares and vet Contracts for services and Procurement contracts.
- Researches matters and prepare legal opinions for submission to the Manager/Director and the Attorney Generals’ Chambers.
- Provides legal advice to the Commissioner of Lands on legal issues related to matters being processed by the Division
- Seeks ministerial approval for divestment, leases and other legal transactions
- Collaborates with other divisions for sharing information and/or the preparation/execution of matters
- Performs other related duties assigned from time to time by the Supervisor
The post-holder should be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent judgment and Research skills
- Sound Work Ethics
- The ability to work in a team
- Competence in the use of relevant computer software
- Knowledge of Conveyancing Law and statutes relating to land registration
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Be an Attorney-at-law, qualified to practice in Jamaica;
- Have working knowledge of the Registration of Titles Act and other legislation impacting on land registration
- Salary Range: $2,238,795.00 - $2,397,427.00 p.a.
- Motor Vehicle Travel Allowance: $894,924.00 p.a. (If you own a motor vehicle)
- Other Allowances which may be attached to the post.
Letter of application accompanied by a résumé should be submitted no later than Thursday, June 20, 2019 to:
The Director, Human Resource Management & Development
National Land Agency
8 Ardenne Road
We appreciate all responses but only short-listed applicants will be contacted.