Suitably qualified persons are invited to fill the following post within the Corporate Legal Services Division, National Land Agency.
MANAGER, CORPORATE LEGAL SERVICES
The successful candidates will report to the Senior Director, Corporate Legal Services
To provide leadership to the legal services unit through supervision, delegation of tasks and training resulting in the efficient delivery of service to all divisions of the agency thus ensuring a seamless operation and client satisfaction.
- Provide leadership through ethical behaviour, delegation and sharing of knowledge and skills
- Assists in the preparation of Divisional plan and budget
- Ensures implementation and compliance of policies and procedures
- Evaluates operational results against objectives and takes corrective action where necessary
- Prepares and submits reports on performance of the Legal Services Unit
- Conducts performance reviews in accordance with PMAS guidelines
- Promotes continuous professional development and career advancement
- Participates in the selection of staff for the Agency
- Ensures dissemination of relevant information within the unit and encourages feedback
- Establishes and fosters a culture of teamwork
- Maintains discipline and work ethic
- Identifies technical training needs and ensures that they are adequately addressed
- Vets leases and sale agreements entered into by Commissioner of Lands on behalf of government ministries and agencies
- Prepares and reviews legal documents pertaining to the divestment and acquisition of Crown Lands (lease, sale agreement, notice, license agreement)
- Vets contracts for services and tenders agreements for sale of data and provision of services to the Agency
- Provides general legal advice to internal clients, government ministries, agencies and other external clients
- Conducts research pertaining to legal matters and prepares legal opinions
- Participates in business process improvement meetings
- Performs other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Senior Director
The post-holder should be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Analytical skill
- Sound judgment
- The ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Certificate in Management Studies/Supervisory Management
- Five (5) years’ experience in a middle management position
- Salary Range: $4,071,710.00 - $4,490,639.00 p.a.
- Motor Vehicle Travel Allowance: $1,697,148.00 p.a. (If you own a motor vehicle)
- Other Allowances which may be attached to the post.
Letter of application accompanied by a résumé should be submitted no later than Thursday, June 20, 2019 to:
The Director, Human Resource Management & Development
National Land Agency
8 Ardenne Road
We appreciate all responses but only short-listed applicants will be contacted.