Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position within the Land Titles Division, National Land Agency.
Manager, Memorandum/Deputy Registrar of Titles – Level 8A
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Director/Registrar of Titles
To administer the provisions of the Registration of Titles Act, Registration of Strata Titles Act and the Regulations made there under and ensure that Memorandum transactions are processed within the targeted time.
- Demonstrates leadership through ethical behaviour, delegation and sharing of knowledge and skills
- Develops operational objectives and evaluates results against objectives and takes corrective action where necessary
- Assists in the preparation of Divisional plans and budgets
- Ensures implementation and compliance of policies and procedures
- Prepares and submits reports on activities of the Branch
- Promotes continuous professional development and career advancement
- Ensures dissemination of relevant information within the Branch and encourages feedback
- Conducts performance reviews in accordance with PMAS guidelines
- Participates in selection of staff for the Agency
- Establishes and fosters a culture of team work
- Maintains discipline and work ethic among staff
- Formulates solutions to procedural and substantive problems of law arising from the administration of the Registration of Titles Act where legislative amendment or policy review may be required.
- Enters and withdraws official caveats to ensure that dealings lodged for registration are not processed in contravention of existing caveats.
- Certifies the registration of instruments and dealings on Certificates of Title.
- Reviews applications for amendment of the Registrar Book of Titles and specifies the appropriate course of action.
- Processes Certificate of Titles in relation to Bankruptcy Orders and appointment of Receivers where the relevant documents have been submitted and approved.
- Processes Certificate of Titles in relation to court orders served in respect of the registered land.
- Requests a proprietor to surrender his Certificate of Title for cancellation in accordance with the Act where the condition of the Certificate of Title renders it expedient to do so.
- Considers and adjudicates on applications to dispense with production of the duplicate Certificate of Title for registration of instruments.
- Observes legal trends and issues pertinent to land registration and other related issues and recommends their adoption.
- Provides advice to Attorneys-at-Law, Surveyors and other members of the public regarding legal and procedural matters.
- The post-holder will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Good leadership skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Analytical skills
- Excellent judgment, decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure and with demanding deadlines;
- Excellent Knowledge of Conveyancing, laws and statutes relating to land registration.
- Working knowledge of Probate and Administration, Trusts, Court Procedure and Legal Drafting
- Competence in the use of relevant computer software
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
- An Attorney-at-Law
- Certificate in Management Studies/Public Administration
- Five (5) years related work experience three (3) of which should be in a supervisory position
- Training in Supervisory Management
- Salary Range: $3,652,780 - $4,071,710 p.a.
- Motor vehicle Travel Allowance: $1,697,148 p.a. (If you own a Motor vehicle)
- All other allowances attached to the post
A letter of Application accompanied by a Resume’ should be submitted no later than September 30, 2019 to:
The Director, Human Resource Management & Development
National Land Agency
8 Ardenne Road
We appreciate all responses but only short-listed applicants will be contacted.