Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position within the Corporate Services Division, National Land Agency.
The successful candidate will report to the Operations Manager.
To manage, co-ordinate and oversee the utilization and maintenance of the fleet vehicles owned by the National Land Agency to ensure efficient and optimal usage in keeping with the objectives of the Agency.
- Coordinates the daily use and deployment of vehicles assigned to the Divisions
- Ensures Driver Log Books are accurate and kept current
- Ensures that Vehicles Advance Card Logs at all locations are maintained and cards used according to GOJ guidelines
- Maintains up to date Inventory of motor vehicle
- Ensures that vehicle registration and other documents are up to date and renewed on a timely basis
- Monitors use of fuel Advance Cards and fuel use according to GOJ guidelines
- Establishes and maintains a system/schedule for the routine maintenance and servicing of vehicles in accordance with industry standards and established guidelines and liaise with service providers
- Investigates accidents involving the Agency ‘s vehicles and prepares and submits reports to the relevant Ministries and Departments in a timely manner
- Liaises with the Agency’s Insurance Broker in relation to accidents and ensures that all relevant documents are submitted
- Manages the Vehicle Tracking System and ensures that system updates are done and reports generated as required
- Collaborates, interprets and provide clarity on advice given by the National Works Agency for the assessment of major repairs to fleet vehicles
- Assesses the Operational efficiency of the fleet and recommends to the Operations Manager vehicles for disposal which are unserviceable or uneconomical to repair
Required Skills and Competencies:
The post-holder should be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good negotiation and decision making skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team building skills
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to manage stress and a high stress working environment
- Sound work ethics
- Sound knowledge of motor vehicle mechanics and fleet management
- Competence in the use of word processing and spreadsheet software in particular Excel
- Sound knowledge of GOJ Revised Motor Vehicle Policy and FAA Instructions relating to assets
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Associate Degree Or Diploma in Management Studies, Business Studies or Business Administration Or Certification or specialized training in Auto mechanics or Motor Vehicle Diagnostics from HEART/JAGAS or any combination of equivalent qualifications
- Certificate in Supervisory Management
- At least (2) years’ experience in a similar position
- Sound knowledge of GOJ’s Motor Vehicle Policy For the Public Sector
Training in Auto Mechanics would be an asset
- Salary Range: $1,367,528- $1,472,803 p.a.
- Motor vehicle Travel Allowance: $542,772 p.a.
(If you own a Motor vehicle)
A letter of Application accompanied by a Resume’ should be submitted no later than February 15, 2019 .
The Director, Human Resource Management & Development
National Land Agency
8 Ardenne Road
We appreciate all responses but only short-listed applicants will be contacted