Government of JamaicaGovernment of Jamaica

What is the process required to get a Title replaced? 

If you have lost your Title then a new Certificate can be obtained by making an application to the Titles Office to have the title replaced. This is done by way of a Lost Title application in the form of a Statutory Declaration. The application must be made by all the registered owners, fully describing the circumstances of the loss and giving details as to where the duplicate title was normally kept, by whom, when and where it was last seen, among other things. Where the duplicate Title is lost by theft or fire then additional proof may be required such as a Police or Fire Report.

Once the application is approved then you will be directed to advertise in a newspaper the loss of the Title and the intention of the Registrar to cancel the Title and issue a new one. The applicant will then forward the relevant sheet of the newspaper along with the appropriate fees and the new Title will be issued. (Please refer to our information sheet on lost titles for further details).



Land Registration and Conveyancing Workshop starts October 4, 2022

Social Links

Live Chat Count Down

add chat to your website


For general information about our services, please contact us at:

  • asknla @
  • +876.750.5263
  • +876.946.5263
  • 8 Ardenne Road Kingston 10